Saturday, May 15, 2010

Do I need a license in California to be a private mortgage lender?

Yep, sure do.  California state government requires mortgage lenders to obtain a license from the Department of Corporations. Mortgage lenders are also required by recent federal law to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R).

Need more information? Newspaper archives are one of the best online research tools.